Coach Gordon Robertson (BA(Hons), MSc) has almost 20 years experience working with amateur and professional athletes within the United Kingdom. In 2010 he was shortlisted from over 14,000 athletics coaches nationwide for the Alfa Romeo Cuore Sportivo (Sporting Heart) Coach within Athletics.
He has coached a number of athletes including:
• Scottish National Medallist and Age Group Medallist.
• Scottish Regional Squads.
• Scottish University Track, Cross Country and Road Team Representatives.
• GB Age Group Triathlete Internationalist.
• Worked within professional rugby and football.
Other experience includes working as:
• Head Athletics Endurance Coach with University of Stirling.
• Athletics Development Officer with East Renfrewshire Council.
• Athletics Coach with George Heriot’s School.
• Athletic Performance Coach and Video Analyst with Leicester Tigers Rugby Team.
• Athletic Performance Coach with Central Crusaders Scottish Rugby Union.
• Strength and Conditioning Coach with Falkirk Football Club Academy.
• Strength and Conditioning Coach with Sport Central.
• Strength and Conditioning Coach with Waysdiders Drumpelier Rugby Team.
• Women’s National Development Squad Team Manager with Scottish Women’s Rugby Union.
• MSc Performance Coaching.
• MSc Sport and Leisure Management.
• IAAF Elite Coach in Middle and Long Distance Running (Level 5).
• UK Athletics, Level Three Performance Coach.
• UK Athletics, Level Two Event Coach – Endurance and Sprinting.
• UK Athletics Fitness in Running and Walking Qualification.
• Jog Scotland – Jog Leader.
• British Amateur Weight Lifters’ Association: BAWLA Leader Certificate.
• SAQ (Speed, Agility and Quickness) Trainer.
• British Triathlon, Level One.
• UK Strength and Conditioning Association, Level One.
• Positive Coaching Scotland – Double Goal Coach.